Saturday, October 3, 2009

Recycled Art...

Back in college I took this amazing multi plate printing class. In layman's terms it was a class about printing from foam meat trays. It changed my 'art' life and I continue to have great success using this method with water based inks. We got an old linoleum sample and printed on the backside of it...


I painted the background all black and drew on it with rubber cement. I then covered the whole thing with green acrylic paint. I used my small foam plate to print the skulls on the background while masking out the other shapes and faces using tracing paper. I then peeled off the rubber cement and voila....

One of my favorite pieces I've ever done.

This was a quick one done on an old vinyl curtain that I took down in my house. I figured it was a perfect canvas to create on instead of throwing it out. I used oil pastels on it and approached it with a fun loving, wise guy attitude.



My only problem is now is that it is going to always remain tacked into my wall, I have no idea how I would frame or formalize it.



I'm off to enjoy a rainy Saturday, besides the sleepy cat residing on my arms while I type is making this very difficult... This is a much more conscious version of him.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment