Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Oh these kids!

I love my job... I'll be the first one to say it. I truly enjoy spending and planning for my art lessons. But,.... these kids are exhausting! My first grade class today totally wiped me out! They had a VERY hard time listening and in turn I've decided to 'punish' them by using only crayons next lesson.

This is very hard for me to do, I don' t like to 'punish' my students but they are not respecting the rules of art. We did painting with liquid tempera, which I don't usually like to use. Tempera cakes are my trusty fall back, but I found the liquid tempera is 10 thousand times messier and more chaotic. Sighhh....

Well I decided that fifth grade is going to be doing their first painting project of the year. We're working out of the dynamic art lesson book and we're going to be doing the tropical birds. I think this will be a strong lesson with a very positive experience.



This is the started example, I think the fifth graders are really going to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment